Careers in health care are expected to continue to grow at a significantly higher rate than other professions, increasing by 3.1 million jobs. According to the Department of Labor, opportunities for medical and health services managers are projected to grow by 16 percent through 2018.
Health services is the largest economic sector in the United States. It comprises 17.5% of GNP and currently amounts to 2.6 trillion dollars. New Health Care legislation has created the opportunity for an increase in jobs to support new care delivery and infrastructure initiatives.
With these amazing events, it’s no wonder well-trained professionals are in constant demand. You too can take advantage of this explosive growth and become part of this exciting industry with our Certificate in Health Care Administration. This certificate program can prepare you for success in the health care industry. It is ideal both for those breaking into the profession as well as those seeking to advance their careers. Through convenient evening, weekend, and online courses, you can build your managerial skills and be set for success in this rapidly-growing industry.
This program is designed for:
- Working health care professionals seeking to increase their foundational knowledge of health care administrations
- Professionals from other industries looking into health care administration
Our Health Care Administration Certificate prepares you for careers in:
- Hospitals and acute care settings
- Medical groups, primary, and ambulatory care
- Long-term care
- Health plans & health insurance
- Government agencies & community based organizations.
- Public & not-for-profit organizations
Students must complete just 4 required courses.
Two courses are offered each fall, winter, and spring quarter; we strongly recommend students begin with HLT POL X 407.1 Fundamentals of the U.S. Health Care System, offered in Fall and Spring.
Please contact the department at (310) 825-7093 for details.APPLY NOW