We’ve Got Your Back… Plus Abs, Quads, Glutes, and Hamstrings!
UCLA Extension’s Certificate Program in Fitness Instruction builds the body of knowledge you need to excel in the fitness coaching and personal training field.
This program is ideal for personal trainers and fitness coaches who want to join the profession’s most elite, highly paid ranks as well as fitness enthusiasts and those seeking to change careers. It’s also a perfect means for dietitians, nurses, psychologists, and other health professionals to add a lucrative specialty to their practice and improve their clients’ health In addition, through an articulation agreement with California State University, Northridge (CSUN), our program satisfies prerequisites to apply for a Master of Science in Kinesiology, so you can jump-start your advanced degree.
UCLA Extension’s Certificate Program in Fitness Instruction offers a blend of theory and practice to help you transition smoothly to your new career. You’ll receive:
- Relevant academic training required to stand out in today’s competitive field
- Practical training to hone your skills and keep you highly marketable
- An Educational Certificate to verify your accomplishments
- Preparation to sit for professional certification exams such as those offered through the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), the American Council on Exercise (ACE) and others
Don’t Miss our Early Enrollment PricingAPPLY TO CERTIFICATE
I completed degrees in Physical Education and Kinesiology, and I can say that UCLA Extension’s Certificate Program in Fitness Instruction prepared me in ways those formal degrees did not. It enabled me to apply scientific principles to solve real-world strength, conditioning, and nutrition problems and develop exercise programs tailored to the needs of the individual.”
– John Diestel, MS in Kinesiology, ACSM-certified Exercise Specialist